Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Winner!

My story, "Escape," is a winner in the 2013 Epeolatry Contest!  The challenge was twofold: write a non-romantic story using words from a list of romantic terms, and to do it in only 600 words.  The second part was more difficult for me.  The version I posted here is a bit longer, but I kept chipping away until my submission was exactly 600 words long.  It was quite an exercise.  Anyway, the 600-word version is on display at Satyr's Garden, along with two other winners.  Check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I'd call that non-sexy but definitely romantic, but then I couldn't even tell which terms were the romantic ones. "Allure?" "Covert?" Oh, "spiffy," of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my favourites T :)

    Yay says Vae!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your fiction, and this was no exception. I like the way you snuck the chemistry set into a later paragraph. I figured he had slipped her a mickey, but I wanted confirmation of it which you so subtly provided. Well done!

    =)

    ReplyDelete