Thursday, September 25, 2014

Guest Soloist: Dandelionslayer

My man done called in sick yesterday, 
an' this is what he said:

Well, I woke up this mornin',
sinuses full to the brim.
Yeah, I woke up this mornin',
sinuses full to the brim.
I gots to call in to work now,
'cause you don't want my phlegm.

I got the blues,
I got the stuffy head blues.

Gonna drink lots of liquids
whether or not I'm feelin' thirsty.
Gonna drown those blues away now,
at least Wednesday and Thursday,

Cause I got the blues,
I got the stuffy head blues.

Take it away, Jim . . .




3 comments:

  1. hahahaha

    I've got a little bit of hay fever going on myself, but I don't express it nearly as well as you do…

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

  2. I remember Dandelionslayer. A fine backup with all the greats - Chet Baker, Monk, Armstrong,- even Mahalia Jackson.

    And now she's out front. Solo with a capital S.

    And she done good.
    Yes, and she done good.

    Hooked up with the luckiest man in the world.

    ReplyDelete